The tiny hamlet of Chhota Udaipur in Gujarat has been transformed glamourous by a successful supermodel from Mumbai who has entered the Gram Panchayat elections. She is the daughter of Kavitha village and has opted to turn politician when the Gujarat Gram Panchayat elections are at its full swing. The model resides in Kavitha Village located in Chhota Udaipur’s Sankheda taluka. In Kavitha village, one of the posts for Sarpanch is reserved for a woman, so she decided to join the spree along with four other women.
Who is Aeshra Patel?
Aeshra Patel, who has a flourishing modelling career in Mumbai, is continuing in her father’s footsteps. Her father, Narhari Patel, too has served as the village Sarpanch, a representative of the taluka panchayat, and the chairman of the APMC, Bodeli. Aeshra Patel has been a model in Mumbai for several years. She has worked with over 100 companies, including Raymond, Ponds, Asian Paints and Provogue.
Aeshra Patel appeared alongside Shah Rukh Khan and Amitabh Bachchan in the advertisement. “After returning to my native place, it occurred to me that I should do something for my village too, and that is why I entered politics by filling out the form for this election,” says Aeshra Patel, a glamorous politician.
What made Aeshra Patel contest for Sarpanch post elections?
Aersha Patel is now contesting for the post of Sarpanch in the Saikheda tehsil at Chhota Udaipur district. She is the first female candidate belonging to the general category nominated for the elections post in the Kavitha village region. In addition to his modelling career, Aersha Patel has worked with several brands and hopes to become a village Sarpanch, devoting his time to his village. She wants to make her village better than the others by leading it efficiently.
When Aersha Patel was asked about why she wanted to contest for Sarpanch post elections, she said, “During the lockdown period, I spent a lot of time in my village. A lot of people here got COVID-19 but couldn’t seek proper treatment because of money issues and lack of knowledge about the pandemic.”. she further added, “Watching the state of the people, I decided to help them in any way that I could at the time. This is why I have decided to contest the elections for the sarpanch post,”
Most of the people Aersha belongs to are farmers and are usually overstressed due to various issues. Due to this, Aersha decided to step up and fight for the betterment of the people in her village. By making her village a better place t live in, its people will also feel better. She said, “I have travelled to many countries and the world has developed a lot, but my village hasn’t. This is why I want to do something for the people here,”.
Leaving her modelling career has been a tough call for Aersha. She is campaigning door-to-door to win people’s trust so that she can become the Gram Panchayat Sarpanch. She says, that she wants all her village children to receive a good education. Aside from that, she will ensure that all villagers benefit from government programs such as MNREGA.
Facts about Aeshra Patel
- Aeshra Patel was born and raised in the Vadodara village of Kavitha. Her parents work as farmers. She grew up in a farming family, so she was exposed to many aspects of farming, such as helping on the farm and raising livestock.
- While studying medicine, Aeshra won the Miss Baroda pageant.
- She then decided to follow her aspirations and relocated to Mumbai to seek a career as a model. Before moving to Mumbai, Aeshra had little knowledge of the English language. She taught herself the language.
- In 2008, Aeshra relocated to Mumbai. She appeared in a lot of tv ads and fashion shows. Commercials for Pantene and Pizza Hut were among her early credits.
- Aeshra competed in the Ford Supermodel 2009 contest and finished as the first runner-up.
- In 2010, Aeshra competed in Femina Miss India.
- Aeshra graced the runway for famous fashion designers like Tarun Tahiliani, Rohit Bal, Anita Dongre, Babita Malkani, and many more at Lakme Fashion Week in 2011-2012. In 2012-2013, Aeshra walked the runway at India’s International Jewellery Fashion Week.
- Aeshra took part in Kingfisher Calendar Girl in 2013. During the competition, she was chosen as the new face of TRESemmé.
- Aeshra has also collaborated with prominent Pakistani pop legend Zohaib Hassan on a song video titled “Always on My Mind.”
- Other significant TV commercial work by Aeshra includes advertisements for Star Cricket Promo, Reliance Mobile, Puma, UTV Stars, Radical Rice, Provogue, Axe Deo, Spice Mobile, MTV Promo, Emami Fair & Handsome, Skoda, Intel, and Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign which included Amitabh Bachchan’s narration.