The Life Insurance Corporation of India is also known as LIC is one of the most prominent and trustworthy insurance companies in India. Since LIC is the oldest establishment pertaining to insurance providing facility, many people prefer LIC to insure life of themselves as well as their dear ones. Many plans and policies are readily available in LIC along with providing users with different premium payment options. The online payment facility can be assessed by both, ones who have registered their policy with the LIC website as well as the others who does not want to get registered for now. Other than this, users can opt for premium payment through debit and credit cards. Surprisingly we found various methods through which LIC premium can be paid online and hassle-free.
A brief overview of LIC company
LIC is one of the largest insurance companies in India. The organization is associated with more than 245 insurance companies along with many provident societies. LIC was incorporated in the year 1956 and is headquartered in Mumbai. Completing more than 65 years successfully, we can say that LIC stands strongly and supports people during the toughest times of their lives which is the reason many people get themselves insured under LIC. At present, there are 8 zonal offices of LIC with 113 divisional offices and more than 2000 branches. The company representatives or the agents counts no less than 1,537,064 alongside 114 brokers, 109 referral agents and 42 banks.
Benefits of Paying LIC premium online
There was a time when people used to pay LIC premium in cash or through cheque and avoided digital payments. However, demonetization have changed things completely in India and every citizen now seek shifting to e-payments and through digital means. This is the reason LIC have introduced few digital payment systems that can be made online and sitting at your own comfort zone. Moreover, you can avail several benefits if you switch to online payment.
- Being a policyholder, it is you who can decide and authorize premium payment on any hour of the day, i.e. 24*7 a week provided you have an access to internet.
- You can instruct your premium payment option while sitting at your home or office space without paying a visit to LIC office physically.
- Save time and hassle of standing in long queues to make payment annually or quarterly.
- Online payment option can be availed without bearing any additional costs. Since this service is offered by the company, you can easily make payments online bearing only the convenience charges charged by the bank gateways.
- Various banks are associated with LIC which means you can easily choose the bank account from where you wish to make the payment or get your bank account registered for making payments online.
- Making advance payment decisions will be all yours as you can select the date your accounts need to be debited thereby reduces the chance of missing premium payment date.
- You can set periodical alerts in your smartphones or opt for an email from the company to make payments before the premium dates.
- Expenses incurred due to postage or courier is saved completely.
A step by step guide for paying LIC premium online through a Credit card (for new users)
To pay LIC premium through credit card, you are not required to register yourself for the first time. Just follow the below-mentioned steps to make payment online:
- To make the payment, you need to visit the official website of LIC (www.licindia.in)
- Click the ‘Online Services’ and then on the ‘Pay Premium’ option.
- When you are directed to a new page, find for two options flashing on the screen: for registered users and another one for the first-time users.
- If you are paying for the first time, click on the option stating ‘Pay Direct’.
- Another page will be popped where you need to choose ‘Renewable Premium/Revival’. Click ‘Proceed’ on the next page.
- You will be directed to a customer validation page in which you need to provide your LIC policy number, mobile number, email ID, date of birth and instalment premium amount. When entered every necessary credential, check ‘I Agree’ box before submitting.
- After your credentials are been validated by the website, you will be redirected to another page where you will find premium payment options. You need to select the premium option and the policy type before submitting the page through clicking ‘Submit’ box.
- The next page will redirect you to the payment interface page where to need to select desired payment option. If you are using a credit card, click on the option stating ‘Internet Banking/Amex Cards/Debit Cards/e-Wallets/Credit Cards’. After selecting click on ‘Yes’ box.
- You will be directed to another payment gateway in which you need to enter you credit card details and enter the card number from where the premium amount will be deducted.
- Once every step is been carried successfully, you may see an acknowledgement page confirming whether you wish to continue with the payment process. You will also receive an online payment receipt to the registered email ID before 48 hours from the time of payment made.
A Step by Step guide for Paying LIC Premium online through Credit card (For registered users only)
If you have registered your accounts with LIC insurance, you can log in to your account directly and pay the Premium more easily through credit card. Check below how you can pay online with a registered account.
- Visit the official website of LIC (www.licindia.in).
- Click on the ‘Customer Portal’ box under ‘Online Service’ option.
- When you find ‘LIC’s e-Services’ option, click on the ‘Registered User’ box.
- On clicking, you will be redirected to the customer login page where you need you to provide details such as mobile, password, user ID and date of birth. After entering the necessary credentials, click on ‘Sign In’.
- From the menu seen on the left side, under the ‘Premium Services’ options, select ‘Pay Premium Online’
- You will be then directed to the premium payment options page in which you need to select premium option and the policy type before clicking on ‘Submit’ option.
- A new page will be seen where you may see your policy details, premium amount, the amount payable, taxes and other fees. After confirming every option, check the ‘Pay Premium’ option and click on ‘Submit’.
- Thereafter you will be redirected to the payment interface page in which you need to select the desired payment option. If using credit card, choose the option saying ‘Internet banking/Amex Cards/ Debit Cards/ e-Wallets/ Credit Cards’ and click ‘Yes’.
- Once you are redirected to the payment gateway page, you need to select and enter your credit card details to make the payment.
- Once the payment is made successfully, you may find an acknowledgement page confirming the payment details. After making the online payment, you will get an e receipt within 48 hours in your registered email ID.
LIC premium payment through smartphones
Although making an online payment is easier and hassle-free through the official website of LIC, paying the premium through smartphones is easier. Paytm is one of the trustworthy apps that have made a collaboration with LIC. Due to it, you can now make an online payment with the help of your Paytm app.
In the Paytm app, find Insurance option where you need to input the policy number of your LIC. Click on proceed option and see the details of your LIC policy in your smartphone itself.
One of the best features provided by Paytm is that you do not have to register or login to your LIC customer account. But then, Paytm will provide you with premium payment facility only.
With Paytm, you can make payments of LIC premium held by other also provided you have the policy number.
Once the payment is made successfully with the wallet, you can download the payment receipt from ‘My orders’ section. Paytm will also send you an e-receipt of the amount paid on your registered email ID.
You can download LIC’s official app on your smartphone. The apps can be downloaded from Google play store or Apple App store. You may find three apps available from where you can select accordingly:
LIC Pay Direct
LIC Pay Direct app is a competitive app where you can pay the LIC premium without registering and download e-receipt after the payment has been made.
LIC Customer app can be used to make payments instead of making payment through direct payment option or by registration. The process of making online payment is similar to the one followed in the official website. Besides making premium payments, you can avail many other services like premium calculator and LIC office locator.
My LIC app can be found in the Apple App Store which provides every facility mentioned in the LIC Customer App. You can download the transaction receipt after making the online payment or using the app.
LIC Premium payment through ECS
Making LIC payment through ECS is another safe way through which the premium amount gets deducted from your bank account automatically on the premium date. You need to register your bank account details with the LIC from where you wish to avail ECS service. To register for ECS facility, you will have to visit LIC office with cancelled cheque, bank account details and LIC policy details.