Sonu Sood has been stealing the limelight recently for helping thousands of migrant workers desperate to return homes amidst Covid-19 pandemic. Though everyone is doing their part for helping others during the nationwide lockdown, Sonu Sood has decided to work at the ground level by making all the arrangements himself. It is not the first time Sonu Sood has revealed his kind-heartedness but have helped many of those around him. This actor who performs excellently in Reel life actually has won our love through his heart of gold!
Sonu Sood early life and career
Born on 30th July 1973, Sonu Sood is a Hindu guy whose zodiac sign is Leo. He was born in Moga city of Punjab. Sonu completed his schooling from Moga Sacred Heart School. When he completed his tenth-class study, he worked with his father Shakti Sagar Sood in his showroom located in Moga. He learnt how to differentiate between different fabric materials besides learning new ways of trade. Sonu Sood went to Nagpur thereafter to get himself enrolled in the Yeshwantro Chavan College of Engineering to learn Electronic Engineering.
Since he was good in academics, he pursued his career in the engineering field. But, when he was completing his second year in the college, Sonu’s friends encouraged him to try his luck in modelling and acting. This is the reason Sonu Sood went to Mumbai soon after completing his graduation and took a few modelling assignments in the beginning.
During his first few years in Mumbai, Sonu Sood worked in a private firm to support his everyday expenses. He also contested in the popular Grasim Mr India and reached in the top 5 list before entering into the acting career.
Sonu Sood physical appearance
Sonu Sood has an athletic body with a height 6’ 3”. He has black coloured hair and brown eyes.
Sonu Sood Family, Marriage and Children
Sonu Sood belongs to a Hindu family. His father Shakti Sagar Sood was an entrepreneur, and his mother Saroj Sood was a teacher. Sonu has two sisters. Elder one being Monika Sood, a scientist and younger one is Malvika Sachar.
Sonu Sood is happily married to Sonali Sood. Together the couple has two sons, Ayaan and Eshaan.
Amazing facts about Sonu Sood you probably did not know
- When travelling with his close friend Ajay Dhama, Sonu Sood Audi Q7 caught severe fire on the highway in Bandra. The duo went lucky and successfully escaped the fire without any injury.
- Sonu Sood is a religious person and is a strong believer of Lord Ganesha.
- The actor owns a production house named after his father, Shakti Sagar Productions.
- Sonu Sood has featured in the cover page of popular magazines such as Just Urbane, You & I and Krunch Today.
- When Sonu Sood went to Mumbai for the first time, he had only INR 5500 with him. The amount was expected by him to last for a month but it lasted not more than a week.
- During his initial years in the city, he lived in a one-room kitchen flat with six others in the suburbs of Mumbai.
- Sonu’s initial salary was around 4500 a month that he received from a private company he worked for a living.
- The first job in which Sonu Sood was involved was travelling by train and get monthly pass made from Borivali station to the Mumbai’s Church Gate.
- Sonu Sood hobbies include kickboxing, playing the guitar and doing work-outs.
- Sonu is an animal lover and owns a pet dog whom he named Snowy.
- During the shooting of his film, ‘Kung Fu Yoga’ Sonu became a good friend of Jackie Chan.
- In one of the interviews, Sonu revealed that he is a very spiritual person and had stopped worshipping God when his mother passed away.
- He was once mistaken as Asmita Sood’s brother since they both carry common surname.
- Apart from Bollywood, Sonu Sood had worked in other language films including Tamil, Punjabi, Telegu, Chinese, English and Kannada.
Controversies faced by Sonu Sood
Although Sonu Sood is a simple guy, he got into a controversy in the year 2013. Sheetal Talwar, a film producer claimed that Sonu Sood rented him a property on the Yari Road which was involved in a legal dispute. However, Sonu Sood registered a non-cognisable offence claiming that Sheetal Talwar had not paid his dues reportedly. When the actor tried to take back the possession of his bungalow, Sheetal tried to threaten him through messages. The real trouble started when Sheetal tried to delay the rent and stopped completely after five months.
Sonu Sood was again seen in a controversial statement and was in headlines during the shooting of the film Manikarnika. As Sonu Sood stepped out from the film, Kangana Ranaut alleged that he backed because the movie was getting directed by a woman director. Though Sonu Sood later cleared on her statement that is was not gender-based issues but competency. He ensured that Kangana is a very good friend to him but when she plays a woman or a victim card, the entire scenario turns to be adverse. According to Sonu, he was claimed male chauvinist and that was ridiculous according to the actor. He had earlier worked with woman director such as Farah Khan because she is a competent director.
Why Sonu Sood has become the Real hero for us
- Sonu Sood had arranged for a skin donation camp in the year 2016 and 17. The main aim behind the campaign was to donate skin for acid attack survivors. He conducted several workshops then educating people about donating important body organs such as skin and eyes for the needful.
- He was involved in a pride walk in the year 2018 in Bengaluru to raise money for physically and mentally disabled people.
- He participated in various stage shows besides many other Bollywood celebrities to raise money for his mother’s charitable foundation. He opened a charitable foundation in the name of his mother, Saroj Sood Trust that provides home and education to children who have lost their parents or homes.
- He had once provided a home to a family who lived in the streets for more than a month. The widowed woman with her two sons was thrown out of the apartment after she failed to pay rent for it. After hearing about the sad demise of the woman’s husband and her family living on the streets, Sonu Sood gifted her a home.
- During Covid-19 pandemic, he opened his hotel in Juhu to provide comfort to the Doctors. Not only this, but he also provides Health workers and doctors of Maharashtra with food and accommodation in his hotel for free.
- During Ramazan, he provided meal kits to more than 25,000 migrants in Mumbai.
- He associated with Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation during Covid-19 besides providing free meals to migrant workers each day in Andheri, Bandra and Juhu.
- He is working very hard to help stranded migrants reach their native place safely during the lockdown. He made arrangements by providing free buses, trains, and flights that carried the migrants to their respective homes.
- Sonu Sood came forward to arrange a special flight that helped 180 Assamese migrant workers who got stuck jobless in Mumbai. Another Airbus A320 was booked by the actor which left Mumbai’s international airport to Silchar Kumbhirgam airport.
- A poor family living in Himachal Pradesh had to sell their cow so that the man could buy a smartphone for his children online classes during the nationwide lockdown. Sonu Sood shared the story clips in his social media account and offered help to the man. He vowed that he will bring back his cows and asked the man’s detail on Twitter.
- Sonu Sood along with a budget carrier SpiceJet has tied together to bring back 1500 students stranded abroad in Kyrgyzstan. The aeroplane in association with Sonu Sood has accepted the mission in front of the media to bring back the students. On 23rd July, the news came flashing all over the social media and on 24th July, the flight took off to bring back around 135 students from Bishkek to Varanasi.