Ishq Mein Marjawan 2 is a popular romantic thriller TV series produced by Yash Patnaik. The series is a sequel to the popular show Ishq Mein Marjawan which aired from 2017-2019. Helly Shah, Rrahul Sudhir and Vishal Vashishtha are the main stars of the show. Let’s find out more about this show.
Ishq Mein Marjawan 2: How was the show?
When was the first episode of Ishq Mein Marjawan 2 broadcast?
Ishq Mein Marjawan 2 premiered on Colors TV on 13 July 2020. Despite getting a decent following, it couldn’t muster a high enough TRP to stay on air and it was cancelled from Colors TV on 13 March 2021. However, the show wasn’t cancelled entirely. It was shifted from TV broadcasting to digital streaming on Voot Select. The new season was named Ishq Mein Marjawan 2: Naya Safar and it started streaming from March 15th, 2021.
What is the story of Ishq Mein Marjawan 2?
The story of Ishq Mein Marjawan 2 is based around the lives of an unlikely undercover police agent Riddhima, who actually works as a physiotherapist and her fiancé Kabir Sharma, an honest and smart CBI officer. Her mission is to help with the arrest of shady business tycoon Vansh Rai Singhania. Despite being undercover, Riddhima develops real feelings for Vansh and it results in a love triangle. Soon after that, the mystery of the death of Riddhima’s parents also comes up and it is revealed later on that Vansh might be involved with the death of her parents.
Who is the villain in Ishq Mein Marjawan Season 2?
Ishq Mein Marjawan 2 will not be broadcast on Colors TV anymore and will be streamed on Voot Select. Ankit Siwach has been cast to play the role of the villain for Ishq Mein Marjawan 2: Naya Safar.
Ishq Mein Marjawan 2: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
- Pacing: The show never drags and moves quickly. Unlike some notorious soap operas of the past, Ishq Mein Marjawan 2 doesn’t spend hours setting up a simple plot point.
- Mysterious story: The storyline is loaded with mysteries which make the show very enjoyable and filled with suspense.
- Exciting moments: The show never runs on empty and something interesting and exciting keeps on happening in the form of unexpected plot twists.
- Fight Choreography: The fight scene between Kabir and Vansh was surprisingly good for a TV Show which started on Colors TV. There could be even more action in the near future. The stunt direction has also been top notch so far.
- Vansh Raisinghania: This character is a viewer favourite. Not because he is the outright protagonist of the show, but because there is some awesome mystery about him. He operates in the grey and is somewhat like an anti hero for the show.
- Kabir: This is another intriguing character of the show. Though his moral compass is more straightforward and he is a force for good. He is a CBI agent who is fully committed to his job.
- More than meets the eye: This show has a lot of stuff brewing under the surface. There’s a lot more to it than what people see. Most characters seem to be driven by some secret motives and continuously hide their true intentions.
- Beautiful love story: Riddhima and Kabir is a typical, sweet love story Riddhima. However, the planting of Riddhima in Vansh’ life has introduced a strange twist in the tale. This is a great love triangle which steers clear of all the love triangle cliches and manages to be interesting.
- Invigorating plot: While the plot might seem simplistic on the surface. A typical good vs bad fight between Kabir and Vansh, with RIddhima playing the role of the good guy’s girl. However, there is a lot of nuance to the story and character history. Riddhima’s history is still somewhat sketchy. Vansh’ intentions are not clear and Kabir’s moral compass might also dangle at times.
- Fantastic acting: Helly Shah (Riddhima), Rrahul Sudhir (Vansh Raisinghania) and Vishal Vashishtha (Kabir) have done a great job portraying the three main characters of the show. These young actors have performed better than expected and have thoroughly enthralled the fans.
While most of the stuff on Ishq Mein Marjawan 2 is very good, there are a few things which can definitely be better. Riddhima seems to be extremely nervous around Vansh and quite often on the edge of blowing her cover. While it might seem to work to an extent, she can do with some better character development in the future seasons.
To be honest, there’s nothing really ugly about Ishq Mein Marjawan 2 and it is a generally enjoyable show without any elements that stick out like a sore thumb.
Did Ishq Mein Marjawan 2 actor Rrahul Sudhir’s mother die because of COVID?
Unfortunately, this devastating piece of news is true. The popular actor lost his mother to the dreaded disease recently. His mother Sunita was admitted to the hospital with severe COVID-19 symptoms. Rrahul Sudhir had also made a public request for plasma donation so that his mother could be treated. However, she couldn’t survive the ordeal and passed away. Coincidentally, Rrahul Sudhir had also contracted COVID-19 in 2020 but made a full recovery from it and went on to shoot Ishq Mein Marjawan 2.